Habitat and Forest Management and Restoration Fund Grants
Invested over $3.75 million into projects supporting protecting and restoring our watersheds, habitats, and trails throughout our region.
Conservation Science Partners
Eastern Placer County Landscape Scale Conservation and Restoration Assessment and Data Repository.
Truckee Trails Foundation
These funds supported the Elizabethtown Trail and Restoration Project, Sawtooth Ridge Environmental Constraints Analysis, and Martis Valley Trail Restoration Analysis
The Nature Fund – Tahoe Truckee Community Foundation
These funds supported the Nature Fund grants for conservation and habitat restoration in the Martis Valley region.
Truckee River Watershed Council
The Martis Fund has invested over $2.4 million into watershed and habitat restoration projects with the Truckee River Watershed Council. Projects include:
- Adopt-A-Stream Water Quality Monitoring
- Main stem Martis Creek restoration
- Capacity building to fulfill Habitat and Forest programs
- Middle Martis Creek Wetland Restoration & Martis Estates Restoration
- Matching grants for TRWC’s Together for the Truckee Society
- Support for the Tahoe Truckee Conservation & Stewardship Fund
- Truckee River Weed Warriors Program & continuation funding
- Matching grant to support the Martis Valley Watershed Assessment
- Trail Realignment and Meadow Restoration along Martis Creek
- Martis Valley restoration projects
- Martis Dam Assessment
- Watershed Assessment Grant
- State Water Plan Tracking
Mountain Area Preservation Foundation
These funds supported a matching grant for the Trout Creek Restoration Project, Pocket Park and a Bark Beetle study.
South Yuba River Citizens League
These funds supported the Van Norden Meadow Restoration Project.
Sugar Pine Foundation
These funds supported Sugar Pine Restoration in Eastern Placer County.
These funds supported matching grants for the North Shore Sugar Pine Reforestation & survey, and Stewardship Messaging.
Truckee Donner Land Trust
These funds supported a study of the Martis Valley deer herd.